Another great Kitchen Project Recipes from a German Grandma Recipe Request German OnlineShop
Join our free German Goodies Newsletter we share recipes and stories of our background
Listen to German Music
Do you want to learn to speak a little German?
Explore your German Heritage
1. Skin the fully cooked Knackwurst and cut in half lengthwise, slicing into thin strips.
2. Cut the cheese into strips and add to the Knackwurst.
To make the vinaigrette:
3. Chop the pickle or gherkins and onion finely and set in a large mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients to the vinaigrette and mix well.
4. Whisk together the remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette.
Add onion, pickles to the vinaigrette and pour over the salad.
5. Toss well to coat the sausage and cheese.
6. Place greens on 2 or 4 salad plates, divide salad equally onto the greens.
Pour some of the remaining dressing in the bowl over so it goes down into the greens.
7. Slice the tomatoes and hard-boiled egg and arrange on top.
Chill well. top with fresh chives. Serve with crusty bread or rolls.
Donated by Diana Smith
You can chop the Wurstsalat and scoop it into a tomato,
bell pepper or egg as you would a chicken or tuna salad.
Close up of the chopped Wurstsalat
This Wurstsalat is made from
Jeanie O's low fat smoked sausage
More Salad Recipes and Links
Back to top
E-Mail The Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1998- to present The Kitchen Project
Last updated August 9, 2014