For 1 platter
3 Romaine heads of Romaine lettuce
Caesar Dressing (recipe see below)
1 lb. of bacon cooked and crumbled
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 cups of croutons
anchovies for garnish (optional)
1 egg (*pasteurized)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 anchovies (optional)
2 garlic cloves
1 green onion chopped coarse
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Add the dressing ingredients and blend on high till thick.
Arranging the platter
1. Take apart the leaves of the romaine, wash and trim and arrange them on a large round plate or platter.
2. Drizzle dressing on the lower half of the leaves.
3. Top with bacon and parmesan cheese, and an anchovie filet if you choose.
4. Place the croutons in the middle of the platter.
5. serve with tongs so the guests can lift themselves a leaf and grab some croutons on it if they choose.
Food History Course
5 free E-Lessons
Come Explore with me
The History of Food
Have you ever wondered as I have.....
Who invented the first "Caesar Salad"?
How about the first salad or what was the first salad dressing?
How did Salad get the name Salad?
We explore different topics like famous restaurant dishes, famous fun foods like popcorn, famous Menus like Elvis's wedding reception, and popular food dishes that were invented by accident. Also tools and resources, that you can use to find information on different food and their origins
Just sign up here and you will get your first lesson instantly.
Click here to sign up
( We keep your address private )