Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
1.In a medium skillet, sauté the onions in butter over low heat until they JUST BEGIN to brown, 15 minutes .Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the marjoram and the pepper. Set aside to cool.
2. . In a food processor bowl or mixing bowl, place flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and remaining salt and mix.
3. Add the softened butter, process or mix until texture of soft crumbs.
4. Add milk; mix quickly to form soft dough.
5. Oil a 10 inch round cake pan (springform is good); lightly using fingers spread dough out evenly.
You can also do this on a sheet pan and make a ridge around the edge.
6. Spread cooked onion over top.
7. Beat egg and sour cream together. Spoon mixture over onion, spread to edge of pan.
8.Sprinkle paprika and poppycaraway seeds lightly.
9. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool slightly, remove from pan and then cut into pieces.
Donated by Cindy Strawser.