Crepes mit Spargel, Schinken
Crepes with Asparagus, Ham
and Cheese Sauce
1 cup warm milk
1 /2 lb Spargel (asparagus)
1/2 cup milk
Vegetable oil for coating pan to cook crepes
1. Heat milk and butter to warm. This keeps the butter in suspension in the finished batter. This will also help the crepe keep from sticking.
2. Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl, make a well and add the egg, oil and blend in.
3. Add the beer. This gives the crepe a nice lacy texture. Strain the crepe batter, otherwise you get little lumps in finished product. Let the better set for 30 minutes in the fridge or up to overnight.
4. Steam or simmer the asparagus till tender using one of the Asparagus cooking methods Cool the asparagus till ready to assemble crepes.
5. Heat a small non stick skillet and coat with a bit of oil. Add from 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter and swirl around the pan so it is a very thin layer. You see it can even go up the sides of the pan. Use a rubber scraper or a thin non metal spatula to get under it and flip. Sometimes using your hands to help flip it works well. Cook the other side for only 15 seconds. Stack the finished crepes with a layer of parchment or plastic wrap in between.