for 4 Schnitzels
1 lb of Pork loin
6 oz thin sliced ham (Black Forest ham preferrably)
2. Bread the Schnitzel using this traditional recipe. I often I don't even use the milk mix for breading, I just dip it lightly in crumbs. This way you get way less breading.
3. Fry the Schnitzels till nicely brown on each side. Reserve to a large baking pan or cookie sheet.
Pan fry the pineapple in the olive oil and butter. The butter gives it
5. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. The pineapple along with the cheese gives moisture to this dish like it was a sauce. The fresh pineapple makes a huge difference. There is more juice and texture.
7. The Hawaiian Schnitzel is great served with Pomme Fritz, (french fries), Bratkartoffeln (roast potatoes) or Spaetzle