1 bunch dandelion greens (equivalent to head of lettuce)
Dressing (Salatsosse) :
It is best to pick the dandelion greens early before they blossom. They will be the most tender and mild. I bought these dandelion greens, you can also substitute other dark greens for this salad.
1. Cut the stem off. Usually about 5 inches down
2. Place the leaves in a bowl. The large leaves can be cut in two.
3.Chop the eggs for the dressing (Salatsosse) and add to a mixing bowl.
4. Whisk in the remaining ingredients to complete the dressing.
5. I made my own croutons. Dark rye bread fried in garlic oil. You can use store bought also.
6.Toss the salad and then top with the croutons and crisp bacon bits if you want. The tomato wedges give it the salad a little color and nice flavor combination.
Potato and Dandelion Green Salad
2. Add some of the dressing for hot German potato salad. Let it cook to mix flavors then turn the heat off and let cool
3. Toss the slightly warm potatoes with the dandelion greens just before serving. This keeps the greens still crunchy.