Pork Strips Simmered with Mushrooms
in Sour Cream Gravy
1 lb Lean Pork, such as pork loin
4 servings Spaetzle or noodles
2. The strips Should be very thin. Especially if you use a tougher cut of meat, this will increase the tenderness.
3.1/4 inch dice the onions and slice the mushrooms and stage on a plate.
4. Saute the onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil till tender, then add the mushrooms and saute till lightly brown. Reserve back to plate
5. Add more oil then saute the pork strips with the paprika till lightly brown.
6. Add the onions and mushrooms.
7. Next add water or stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
8. Add some of the slurry and cook 5 minutes to thicken. Add a bit more if too thin.It will continue to thicken a little as it cooks. Next mix some of the sauce in a bowl with the sour cream or yogurt and then blend into the sauce. This tempers the sour cream and won't separate which often happens if you blend in too cold.