Eggs and bacon scramble on toast Saarland style
This recipe is designed to extend your eggs. You can wing this by adjusting the milk and flour depending on how many eggs you have. The texture will of course change depending on the ratio of milk , eggs and flour.
1. Get your ingredients together, (minus bacon) eggs in a large mixing bowl, and snip the chives.
2. Mix the eggs, milk, flour and chives together in the bowl till smooth.
3. Add a bit of vegetable oil or butter and cook the eggs on medium heat.
4. Cook to the texture you like. You can make it still a little "saucey" where you can "smear" it nicely on the bread.
5. Heat the bread in a pan or toaster. This nice German rye bread was a little dry so I spread one side with butter and grilled it covered with a bit of water and it will steam the bread a little soft.
6. Divide the egg mix on the bread slices and top with a few chive stems, and fruit or a side of tomatoes goes well.