1 1/4 cup (10 oz) coconut fat (Palmin or or Organic coconut oil )
If you don't have vanilla sugar substitute 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract, and add 1 more tablespoon sugar to recipe.
2. Traditionally Germans use Palmin and they call it Kokosfett
3. Line your loaf pan to make it easier to get out. Oil the loaf pan and and line it with
4.Melt the coconut oil carefully, don't get it to hot. I used a double boiler set up.
5. Add all the rest of the ingredients, except of course the cookies and blend well.
6. Add a layer of cookies. Depending on your pan you may need to cut a cookie to cover.
7. Put a layer of chocolate over the top and then a layer of cookies. Keep going till the cookies are all used. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
8. Remove from the pan and make sure all the plastic wrap gets removed. Then I smooth the top with a knife that I put a little hot water on.
9. Slice the Kalter Hund in slices, approximately 1/ 4 -1/2 inch. This will make 8-10 servings of 2 thin slices