Ukraine style Bierocks
1. Mix the sponge together in a bowl and let sit for 15 or twenty minutes.
2. Mix together the flour pastry ingredients as you would for pie crust and let it rest for one hour or overnight if possible.
1. Drain sauerkraut, rinse in cold water and queeze dry.
2.Brown the hamburger or sausage and drain some of the fat off.
3. Add the remaining ingredients including the sauerkraut and let cool.
4. Make dough circles with about 2 oz of dough. Roll about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Fill circles with about 1/ 3 cup of filling.
6.Brush the edges with egg wash and bring the ends together, turn over and place on baking sheet. seam side down.
7. Brush the Beer Buns with egg wash and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until nicely browned.
8. An Alternative style is to make them turnover style, and crease with a fork.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees until browned.
E-Mail The Webmaster email@example.com
© 1998-04The Kitchen Project
Last updated March 1, 2010